In some cases, DIN is wrongly obtained for person already having a DIN and In that case person who hold two DIN need to surrender one DIN to department through DIN surrender application form DIR-5.
Every person who do not have DIN and wants to obtain DIN shall apply for DIN through DIN application in form DIR-3, but every person shall not hold more than one DIN as per govt rule. In case any person wrongly obtained second DIN and having already a DIN, In that case person who hold two DIN need to surrender one DIN to department.
Hence, prior to applying for a DIN, it’s important for the applicant to verify if he/she has been allotted a DIN by verifying the DIN database.
What is the procedure for Filing Form DIR-5 for DIN surrender?
Person wishing to surrender a DIN can file Form DIR-5 with the MCA. In Form DIR-5 the following information must be provided by the applicant:
* Any DIN Number held by the applicant
* Reason for surrender of DIN
* Whether DIN holder is retaining any DIN
* Number of DIN(s) being surrendered by the applicant
* DIN Number to be surrendered
* Digital signature of the person surrendering the DIN.
How to check whether person having two DIN?
Go to MCA website Link: http://www.mca.gov.in/
• Log in by your user ID on MCA website.
• Click on “Companies/LLPs in which a person is/was a director/Designated Partner”
• Click on Search Button in from of DIN/DPIN
• Mention the Name, Father Name and Date of Birth and search.
• MCA will display the DIN No. allotted to you.
Filing of Form
Preparation of DIR-5
Preparation of RD-01
Submission of Form