Registered office for a Company
The registered office of a company is the main office of the Company to which all official communications pertaining to a Company is sent. Every company shall require having a registered office to receive and acknowledging all communications letters and notices as may be addressed to it.
Where a company needs to maintain Book of Accounts:
As per Section 128 of the Companies Act, 2013 every company shall mandatorily require to prepare and keep its books of accounts, other relevant books, and papers for every financial year at its registered office, which give a true and trustworthy view of the state of the affairs of the company, including that of its branch office or offices, if any, and explain the transactions effected both at the registered office, unless and otherwise notice of address at which books of account are to be maintained filed with ROC in form AOC-5 along with Board resolution and other required documents, Pursuant to the first proviso to sub-section (1) of Section 128 of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rule 2A of Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014
If a company has a branch office anywhere, it shall be deemed to maintain proper books of account relating to all the transactions effected at the branch office are kept at that office and a proper sum up returns periodically are sent to its registered office and the board of directors of the company is responsible to maintain such record.
Inspection of the Books of Accounts
The books of account, other books and papers are open for inspection at the registered office of the company or at such other place in India by any director during business hours.
How much time we need to maintain a record of the Books of Accounts
Every company requires to maintain the books of account for a period of not less than the eight financial years immediately preceding a financial year, or if the company is newly incorporated in that case company require to maintained the books of account since its incorporation date and shall be kept in good order.
Online maintaining books of accounts by the company
- Every company can also maintain its all records in an electronic form for the future prospectus, but subject to the following conditions:
- All the information and records are in the same format in which they actually generated and should also in true and complete form.
- Electronic records should be capable of being displayed in legible form
- All the backup of the records shall be kept in a server located in India
- All the electronic records and information must be accessible in India
Documents which you need to maintained at the registered office
- Register of members
- Details of the beneficial owners
- Register of directors
- Register of secretaries.
- Statutory registers
- Register of People with Significant Control
- Directors’ service contracts.
- Register of charges and instruments creating charges (i.e. mortgages, secured loans).
- Minutes of board meetings, committee meetings, and shareholders’ meetings.
- Copies of decisions and resolutions.
- Form filed with various authorities.
- Record of directors’ indemnities.
- Record of debenture holders.
- Record of the sale and transfer/ transmission of company shares.
- Company accounting records (Contracts, deed, Record of assets and liabilities, Invoices and receipts, Record of goods and services bought and sold, Record of income and expenditure, Sales books.