Change Members of OPCGet Started
When the Member of the Company ceased to be member of the Company?
2. Death of the member
3. Incapacity of member to contract
In case of Change in Member either new member may replace the existing Nominee with new Nominee person or the existing nominee can remain the nominee
Only a natural person who is an Indian citizen and resident in India shall be eligible to act as a member and nominee of an OPC.
Following person can’t become member of the OPC:
1. Minor (as per Rule 3(4) of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules 2014). A minor cannot even hold share with beneficial interest.
2. Foreign Citizen
3. Non Resident
4. A person incapacitated to contract
5. Persons other than a Natural Person i.e. living human being
6. As per the explanation given to Rule 3(1), a resident of India for the purpose of the provisions governing OPC is a person who has stayed in India for a period of not less than 182 days during the immediately preceding one calendar year.
Documents Required For Change Members of OPC
- Id and address proof of existing Member of the company
- Id and address proof of new Member of the company
- Id and address proof of new Nominee of the company (In case of Nominee change)
- Copy of notice of withdrawal of consent by the nominee of OPC (In case of Nominee change)
- Consent of New Nominee (In case of Nominee change)