Bar Code RegistrationGet Started
Why you should have Barcodes on your products
Provides unambiguous & universal identification of products so no two products in the world would have the same barcode number.
Helps with faster listing of products on e-commerce platforms.
Meets prerequisite to doing business with modern trade retailers.
Following are the benefits or advantages of Barcode:
It allows real-time data to be collected accurately and rapidly with the help of barcode readers.
It enables fast data entry operations with less errors.
It is mature and proven technology. ?It is less expensive.
It is smaller and lighter compare to RFID tags and easy to use.
These codes are international code and can be used in any country across the globe.
Barcode scanning requires special device called Barcode scanner which emits light and collects reflected light to decode the Barcode.
Barcode scanner or reader works with computers or POS terminals.
Barcodes do not have read/write capabilities.
It requires optical line of sight (LOS) scanning.
It is labour intensive as it requires to be scanned individually.
It is less secure compare to RFID which can be easily forged.
It is susceptible to environmental damage.
scratched or crumpled barcodes may cause problems while scanning.
Documents Required For Bar Code Registration
- GS1 India registration form duly filled and signed along with the “product classification sheet” duly encircling / highlighting the product categories being manufactured / supplied.
- Request letter / forwarding letter on letterhead for allocation of GS1 company prefix number.
- Copy of balance sheet (relevant page in support of sales turnover) as on 31st March, 2018 or latest.
- PAN card copy of Proprietor – in case of Proprietorship firm or PAN card copy of the applicant company in other cases.
- Proof of status of Applicant Company (for Proprietorship firm – GST Registration Certificate; for Partnership firm – GST Registration Certificate / Partnership deed; for Private Limited Company / Limited Company – Certificate of Incorporation)